Possible Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 specification
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 @ 1.5GHz will highly plausible replace previous Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 64-bit SoC @ 1.2GHz,
- 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM will become a standard options, instead of fixed 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM,
- Current flash memory (eMMC) options: 8GB / 16GB / 32GB from CM3+ will probably stay the same,
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode) might replace outdated H.264 (1080p30),
- and OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics will replace 1.1, 2.0 versions,
- weight and factor will stay the same, to provide a possibility to upgrade current IoT applications of CM3 and CM3+
A Lite 4 version of Compute Module is to be expected too, without eMMC and probably limited SDRAM options.
Industrial device equipped with RPi Compute Module 3+
With Compute Module 3+ options from Raspberry Pi, TECHBASE upgraded our ModBerry 500/9500 industrial computers. From now on the ModBerry 500/9500 can be supported with extended eMMC, up to 32GB. Higher memory volume brings new features available for ModBerry series.